Muse du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works, pulp science fiction, portraiture and fine art images. I also satisfy my creative muse with sewing, cooking, writing, reading, crochet, and jewelry-making. These have been my thoughts and adventures with whichever muse drives me each day but in the last year my return to jewelry-making has taken a more serious turn. So, for the time being, I'll show it here. You can find more of my art at https://daubdujour.blogspot.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Antique Lands and Adventures...

 
 "Olde Worlde"
(Necklace)   Price: $70.00 
 
Ever since I found the Woodlace Agate beads in Lisa's hoard, I've been thinking of how the striations and inclusions of the patterning reminded me of old libraries, antique maps, old illustrations of planets.  etc all run through either the Victorian era or The Renaissance golden age. The main focal drop is an absolutely stunning Woodlace Agate: a form of petrified wood where the plant matter has been completely replaced by Chalcedony or microcrystalline quartz over millions of years and been 'agatized'. Gold leopard skin Jasper as well as dark leopard skin Jasper, vintage Czech amber glass, Italian copper and blue lampwork glass make up the 'planets and moons'. A Heinz variety of gold tone metals form the infrastructure. It took me a while to decide if it was finished, but in the end, I added two small moon dangles flanking the main focal. I think it might be complete now. What do you think? I imagine that it might be like wearing a piece of the ancient world as we imagine it might be...

Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home