Muse du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works, pulp science fiction, portraiture and fine art images. I also satisfy my creative muse with sewing, cooking, writing, reading, crochet, and jewelry-making. These have been my thoughts and adventures with whichever muse drives me each day but in the last year my return to jewelry-making has taken a more serious turn. So, for the time being, I'll show it here. You can find more of my art at https://daubdujour.blogspot.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

The Reality Buffer Zone...

 
"Buffer Necklace # 1 - Garnet Triad"
(Necklace)   Price: $ 50.00  SOLD

Over Christmas last year I visited our doctor only to find her overwhelmed. Or ‘drowning’ as she put it. Her nurse was out for several weeks due to a surgical recovery and the doc was not only having to see patients, do hospital rounds, read through test results, but also call all the patients about said test results, and perform all round daily problem solving, etc. I pondered her stress for a bit and decided to make a discreet necklace of tiny crystals for her to buffer or protect her a bit better during stressful days. Further on that, I decided to make one for our own Doctor Kitka as well for the same reasons. Cue the ‘experimental combinations engineering’ music. First up, I made a bunch of 'focals' that I could use as the basis of each necklace, in two different combinations: Amethyst, Black Tourmaline, Smokey Quartz, and Prehnite, and then Hematite, Garnet, and Black Tourmaline. Silver as the base, with gold elements. Sigh. They’ve probably turned out a bit fancier than originally planned, but I like the collection so far. Since I have a lot of left over beads, I'll probably experiment more with this idea in the future. 
 
Black Tourmaline: Known as the ultimate energetic bodyguard, it repels negative energy and anchors you to the earth. Acts as a powerful energetic shield to block negative or stressful hospital energy and keeps you grounded during chaotic shifts
 
Amethyst (Purple): Acts as a psychic shield that purifies your space, relieves stress, and guards against anxious thought patterns.  Known as a calming stress-reliever that clears emotional buildup and protects your personal aura from absorbing patients' heavy emotions.
 
Smoky Quartz (Dark Brown): Functions as an energetic filter, gently pulling in and grounding out low-vibrational stress and worry.
 
Hematite (Silvery Black): Offers mirror-shield qualities that ground your mood and deflect negative frequencies. Provides strong grounding and spiritual protection, helping you stay balanced and centered after a long, exhausting day.
 
Prehnite (Pale, Clear Green): Frequently called the stone to "heal the healer," it offers energetic protection and restores vital energy while you care for others.
 
Garnet (Almandine Red): This crystal serves as a powerful protective and grounding stone that helps medical professionals maintain stamina, emotional balance, and resilience in high-stress clinical environments. 
 
SilverSilver has long been revered as a sacred healing metal. Physically, it is known to have incredible antibacterial & antimicrobial properties that kill bacteria, fungi and certain viruses. Metaphysically, its properties are believed to cleanse the body and strengthen the link between the physical and astral planes. Apparently, wearing silver jewelry or meditating with silver can act as a sort of spiritual shield, reflecting back any energies not meant for you and keeping you protected yet open to the world around you. Silver also maintains a calming influence that allows the body to regulate stress responses and the spirit to find balance between surrender and empowerment. Hence, why I used Sterling Silver in the chains of all of these necklaces.
 
 Yep, I tried to make solid protection, or at least a type of daily buffer to protect our healers on the front lines of keeping us all safe and healthy. We lost way too many during the initial onslaught of Covid 19 in 2020. 
 
 
 "Buffer Necklace # 2 - Garnet Keyhole"
(Necklace)    NFS 


"Buffer Necklace # 3 - Triple Drop"
(Necklace)    NFS 
This is one of the combinations of Prehnite, Smokey Quartz, Amethyst, and Black Tourmaline, as are the next two below.
 
 
 "Buffer Necklace # 4 - Amethyst Owl"
(Necklace)    Price: $50.00  


"Buffer Necklace # 5 - Amethyst Diamond Flare"
(Necklace)    Price: $ 50.00


"Buffer Necklace # 6 - Amethyst Round"
(Necklace)    NFS 
This was the very first necklace focal I made in the collection. It epitomizes the simplicity I was going for so it could be worn discreetly in the office or clinic. The round is Amethyst, the pale, clear green is Prehnite, and the dark beads are Black Tourmaline. 
 
Anyway, this is what I've got so far. And I have already gifted the intended ones to their recipients, along with promising another, future one to an active ER nurse friend. I'll show you that one when I get around to it. I apologize for borrowing the crystal meanings from Google, I'm rather tired and have misplaced my crystal notes for this project. 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Marianne 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home