Muse du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. I also satisfy my creative muse with sewing, cooking, writing and reading. These are my thoughts and adventures with whichever muse drives me each day. You can find more of my art at www.marianneplumridgeart.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Feels Like Spring...

And the flower painting of the day is...

Mini Magnolias (5x7", Oil)

I can't believe the weather outside. Normally, at this time of year, I've usually got my Australian hide wrapped up like an Eskimo expecting a snowstorm. But strangely enough, today was pretty well Spring-like: warm, sunny and pleasant. Definitely not American Christmas at all. For once the unseasonal warmth reawakens my memories of mild Christmases back home in Australia. So the mild summer/burgeoning spring bring me to my other favourite flower - magnolias. Elegant, candle-flame flowers ranging from snowy white, some with touches of pink, to the deep plummy coloured ones. Fortunately there are some trees around our neighbourhood so that I can indulge my magnolia-watching each spring. The above painting was one of my first flower paintings in 2005, and is still a favourite. I enjoyed every brushstroke and serendipitous smudge. Now, I have to wait until spring for more to paint. If winter doesn't get on with its stuff real soon, the spring blossoming season is going to be completely out of wack. :-)

So, please enjoy...

Marianne

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marianne, the site looks boo-tee-ful! Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Patty,

Thanks for stopping by! :-D I've yet to get into some serious posts, 'cause I've been exhausted between computer thingies for Bob, and baking my little heart out. Sigh.

Cheers
Marianne

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home