Muse du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. I also satisfy my creative muse with sewing, cooking, writing and reading. These are my thoughts and adventures with whichever muse drives me each day. You can find more of my art at www.marianneplumridgeart.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dark Rum 'n' Raisin Chocolates....a recipe

And the painting of the day is...

Chasing Butterflies (14x18", Alkyd)

Okay, now that I've got your attention...

I've spent the last week making homemade chocolates, christmas cakes (don't laugh until you've tasted mine), chocolate decadence pound cakes, and chocolate dipped dried fruits like ginger and papaya. Well, now that I'm coming to the end of it all, and all of the gift food boxes are wrapped and ready to send out, I'd thought I'd share some of the recipes with you. Today's recipe is a simple one that I threw together several Christmases ago in sheer desperation - and an abundance of left-over chocolate - to create gift-box fillers. So, please enjoy...


Dark Rum ‘n’ Raisin Chocolates

2 x 11.5oz bags of Ghiradelli (dark) Bittersweet Chocolate (or any equivalent good quality dark chocolate) chips.
1 cup (heaped) of dark seedless raisins.
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum – enough to cover raisins.
72-75 Wilton Foil Bon Bon Cups (mini foil patty papers) – your color of choice.

Place raisins in a small bowl and pour in enough of the Rum to cover them. Cover and set aside to allow raisins to absorb some of the rum. Can be left overnight if desired.

In a double boiler, melt half of one packet of the chocolate chips. Separate and place foil cups on a large cookie tray – one with sides so that the cups don’t slide off it when the tray is picked up.

Spoon approximately 1/3 teaspoon of the hot melted chocolate in to a cup/paper, then, using a toothpick or a Popsicle stick, gently push some of the chocolate half way up the inside of the cup. Repeat with each Bon Bon cup and allow all to set.

Drain raisins. With a teaspoon, gently place 2-5 raisins (depending on how plump they are) in each chocolate bowl. Melt rest of chocolate and spoon over raisins, making sure to cover each raisin well. Let set – refrigerate if needed.

The chocolates can be packed into plastic treat bags and twist-tied to seal. Approx. 8 chocolates to each bag is what I use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home